Photoshop Techniques | Marquee tools Shortcuts:
Here are some Photoshop techniques and shortcuts to work efficiently with Elliptical and Rectangular Marquee tool. We have already discussed both tools with detail. Before reading Photoshop techniques related to these tools you should take a look at the previous basic Photoshop tutorial on these tools. This will help you a lot in understanding Elliptical and Rectangular Marquee tool very well.
Photoshop Techniques |Perfect Circles and Squares:
You can make a perfect circle with elliptical marquee tool or a perfect square with rectangular marquee tool in two ways. First one is by setting the style to fixed ratio and filling the ratio boxes with 1:1. The second way you can do it is an easy one. Hold down shift key and make selection, it is important that you release the shift key after completing selection otherwise you will not be able to get a perfect selection.
Photoshop Techniques | Options made easy:
We have already seen how the options are used in Marquee tools. Now we will see how we can do it by using keyboard.
- If you want to add to the selection, hold down shift key and make another selection which you want to add to existing selection.
- If you want to subtract from selection, hold down Alt key and select the area you want to deselect.
- If you want to intersect with the selection, hold down Shift+Alt and make the desired selection.
Photoshop Techniques | Deselect , Move and delete:
To deselect the selection already made, press Ctrl+D.
- You can move your selection by your keyboard arrow buttons.
- You can also do it by first bringing the cursor within the boundaries and then holding down right mouse button and move the selection.
- If you want to move the selected pixels of the layer select move tool first then move the selected pixels to desired area.
- If you are in the process of making a selection and realize that it should be moved to some other place you can hold Space key and move it while making selection. Release Space key and continue selection.
If you want to delete the selected pixels of the layer, you can simply do it by pressing Backspace or Delete key on the keyboard. Use these Photoshop techniques as specified and you will not experience any problem.
Hope you found these Photoshop Techniques useful and gained some knowledge about how to use Photoshop tools in this basic Photoshop tutorial.